Friday, June 3, 2011

Things I Have Learned-Part Two

I have learned

that most people contradict themselves fairly regularly.

that the very thing you say you’ll never do is usually right around the corner, and you’ll do it.

that we should never say “never,” but we do.

that gossip and idle chatter are cancerous and bitter; and we should be ashamed for engaging in such talk, especially when people have cancer for real. The stuff gossiped about just doesn’t matter.

that we shouldn’t use the Lord’s name in vain, especially if we are Christians.

that people can be fickle, but God is always faithful.

that I should learn from my mistakes, and the mistakes of others.

that if we say “I don’t mean to pry,” we really mean to pry.

that you can pass a car on Highway 86 and by the time you get to 65, the car you passed will pull up right beside you. Lotta good that did ya!

that sometimes we just make mistakes, and when we do we should just be truthful about it.

that sometimes there’s nothing better than a long, cold drink of water.

that I can’t wait to go on vacation, only to really need to get back in a regular routine.

that yelling like a crazy person at my child’s sporting events really makes me appear like a total idiot, and does nothing to help anything (this is why I line judge all my daughter’s volleyball games). Too bad I’m not licensed to call basketball.

I have learned that it’s really unfortunate that I have to call lines during volleyball games to maintain myself control. Yes, I said “myself control.”  Hehe!  I practice “myself control.”

I have learned that the saying “Those who can do, and those who can’t teach,” is a bunch of hooey. And, whoever coined that phrase should be strung up by his or her toenails in a hallway full of smelly seventh and eighth graders on a hot September afternoon. Those who teach CAN handle that, my friends.

That’s all for now. Goodnight.

©2010 Marci Linson

No comments:

Post a Comment